Car safety is important. Motor vehicle deaths are the major cause of death in the first three decades of an American’s life. By wearing seat belts and buckling children into age and size appropriate car seats and booster seats, people can reduce the risk of serious injury and death by half. Most drivers do follow the safety measures but there are still millions who don’t. This is a primary enforcement for seat belt violations, which means that a driver can be pulled over and sited just for not wearing a seat belt.
With Halloween fast approaching, the Car Care Council reminds motorists to drive slowly, especially through neighborhoods, to be extra careful when entering or exiting driveways, and to make sure their vehicle’s brakes, lights and wipers are working properly for a safe Halloween.
“Motorists can help keep young pedestrians safe on Halloween by reminding children of basic safety rules, taking extra precautions when driving through neighborhoods, and inspecting vehicle safety items, like brakes,” said Rich White, executive director, Car Care Council. “With daylight savings time on the horizon, October is also an ideal time to check vehicles lights and wipers to ensure maximum visibility.”
Check Your Windshield
A dirty windshield may look spooky but does not help to see children crossing the street. If the weather turns, cracked or torn wipers will also pose a problem to visibility. Check that all your lights are working for maximum performance and visibility on Halloween. This year the end of daylight saving time is after Halloween and that means children will likely be trick-or-treating at dusk when the sky is still bright, yet objects on the road can merge with shadows and fade into darkness.
Check Your Brakes
A vehicle’s brake system is the most critical safety item on a vehicle, but brakes wear out and eventually need replacement. Several factors that affect brake wear include driving habits, operating conditions, vehicle type and the quality of the brake lining material. Never put off routine brake inspections or any needed repairs, such as letting the brakes get to the “metal-to-metal” point, which can be potentially dangerous and lead to more costly repairs.
Note to Parents
“Parents should remind their little ghosts and goblins to get out of cars on the curb side, not the street side, to stop at all corners and to use crosswalks,” continued White. “Children should look left, right and left again before crossing, stay on sidewalks, avoid crossing through yards, and wear bright, reflective and flame-retardant clothing.”
reprinted from the Car Care Council. The Car Care Council is the source of information for the “Be Car Care Aware” consumer education campaign promoting the benefits of regular vehicle care, maintenance and repair to consumers.
If you have a damaged windshield but you cannot drive to an auto glass repair shop for one reason or another, you have another option. What option? you ask. Well, you can call for a mobile windshield repair service from 7 Star Auto Glass Fresno. Here are four reasons why you should.
Convenient for You
Driving somewhere for a repair is never fun or convenient. If you have work, you basically must waste hours out of your day. A repair takes some time to be completed, and it is dreadful having to wait, even if that is only for fifteen minutes. Calling for a mobile windshield repair service with 7 Star Auto Glass Fresno is convenient for you. You do not have to do a thing. You can continue going about your day and doing what matters to you, and we will work on your auto glass repair until it is back to the way it should be.
Safer for You
If your auto glass is terribly damaged, you should not be driving your car. If you do, you would be putting yourself in danger. What if the entire windshield or window shatters? And what if without the windshield in place the car roof collapses on you? Yes, that can happen. Calling for a mobile windshield repair Fresno service is safer for you. Without putting yourself at risk, you can get your car repaired.
Does Not Cost You Extra
Calling 7 Star Auto Glass Fresno for a mobile windshield repair service does not cost you anything extra. We only charge you for the repair, and driving to you is on us. After all, at 7 Star Fresno, our goal is to keep you and your car safe on the road by fixing your glass, and we will do anything to make sure we meet our goal and promise.
Saves You Precious Time
7 Star Auto Glass Fresno understands that everyone is busy in their own right. So, by calling for a mobile windshield repair Fresno service, you can save precious time. You can call us right from your job so that you can keep doing your important work. Or you can call us from home while you are taking care of your kids. You can even call us from the restaurant you are dining at. The options are endless. We can go anywhere you need us to be, just make the call for our complimentary, high-quality service!
If you need a car glass repair but cannot drive to a repair shop, call 7 Star Auto Glass Fresno and ask for the mobile windshield repair Fresno service at no additional cost!
There are several reasons for not replacing the windshields. Little do they realize the risk they’re putting themselves and their families in by not having cracked windshield repair. Windshield Repair or Replacement.
Excuses vary. Some say their insurance has a deductible that they currently can’t afford. Some say the crack doesn’t obstruct their view, while others say they just don’t see the necessity if it’s not shattered. It’s hard not to roll my eyes at all these answers. The purpose of this article is to tell you why it’s so important to have a good windshield on your vehicle and to give you some tips for when you make this very important purchase.
The Purpose of Your Windshield
Believe it or not, front windshields serve a much bigger purpose than just allowing you to see outside of the car when you’re driving. They also protect you from the rain, snow and other elements of weather. More importantly, however, are the safety features provided by your car’s windshield such as the 3 bullet points below.
- It Acts As A Shield For Air Bags – Cheap, low-quality glass is more likely to crack or pop out, which can cause incorrect deployment or improper inflation of your air bags.
- It Prevents The Roof From Collapsing – Many people don’t realize that the windshield of the car provides from 30% to 60% of the car’s structural strength. In a roll-over crash, a cheap windshield can cause your roof to collapse, which can be life-threatening to you and your passengers.
- It Helps Prevent Ejection of Passengers in a Crash – Your windshield can also keep you from being thrown from your vehicle in the case of a collision. With the exception of seat belts, the windshield provides the most safety from being thrown from your vehicle. These are some of the many reasons why OEM glass is required by car manufacturers.
Safety Comes First
Purchasing auto glass for any part of your vehicle is more than just opening the phone book and choosing the first provider with the cheapest price. Safety should always be the #1 concern when we’re driving. Here are four safety questions you should ask windshield replacement service providers before you choose which one to use.
- How Qualified are the Technicians Replacing Your Windshield? While windshield replacement service providers, also referred to as auto glass technicians, are not required to be licensed, they should be highly trained, experienced and knowledgeable of the whole process. With so many makes and models of vehicles around today all having different types and shapes of auto glass, windshield installation and replacement can be complicated. Ask your auto glass technician to provide proof they are certified. Do some research before hiring someone to do the job. Are they reputable? Will they take care of insurance paperwork for you? Check credentials while comparing costs!
- What Type of Glass & Adhesive Do They Use? If your auto glass technician states he can get you a windshield cheaper than average, you should definitely question what type of glass is being used. Is it OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) glass? OEM glass is safer, sturdier and less prone to cracking. If you’ve gone so far as to require OEM glass, you will want to ask if they are using OEM adhesives as well. Low-quality adhesives do not work as well in wet or cold climates and take much longer to dry or cure. This can be a real problem if the car is used too soon after installation. In other words, the windshield may leak with the slightest impact if you start driving around before the urethane has time to dry.
- How Soon Can You Drive Your Car After Installation? With the busy lives we all lead today, we seldom have the time to sit at a garage waiting for a new windshield to be installed. Auto glass providers often come to our home or place of business and do the work while we do our work. This is extremely convenient, but can be dangerous if we’re unknowingly driving the car before it’s ready. The glass and urethane need time to properly cure to the car in order to prevent future problems. This is known as “safe drive away time” and is listed on each bottle of urethane. Question your windshield replacement service provider on this safety issue, as well as if there are any precautions that should be taken a couple days after installation.
- What Type of Warranty Do They Provide? If you’re like many others who have waited almost forever to finally replace your windshield, you’re going to want to make sure it last and, if it doesn’t, that they’ll replace it free. If you’re offered anything less than at least a 1-year warranty, question the type of glass that’s being used. Some companies may offer a lifetime warranty. If this is offered, you can almost assume they’re using high-quality OEM glass.
Windshield – Repair or Replacement
As much as you may want to put off spending money on your damaged windshield, it’s very possible you may only need a repair. A good rule of thumb is that if the crack is at least as long as a dollar bill, it should be replaced. Even if it’s shorter than a dollar bill, it should be replaced if it extends to the edge of the glass. If the chip or crack is smaller than a dollar bill and it’s not extended to the edge of the glass, it may be able to be safely repaired. Additionally, if the crack is in your line of vision, it needs to be replaced.
While all the glass on your car is important, the front windshield is most important in terms of having it fixed when it’s damaged. Something to consider, insurance companies often will pay to have a windshield repaired because it may prevent a larger expense if it shatters completely. Also, some insurance companies require a deductible be paid for replacements, while others may waive the deductible. Contacting your insurance company could save you money! That being said, the main concern here is safety and hiring a certified technician will ensure the job is done correctly whether you’re saving money through your insurance or not.
Many will use these last few weeks of summer for a family vacation before school starts. Safety is always our #1 concern.
Before you go:
- Cracked Windshield.Even if you have the smallest chip, have it repaired. It can become larger as you travel even going over the smallest bump.
- Tires and windshield wipers– Bald tires can be a road hazard for you and those cars traveling around you. Cracked windshield wipers will not remove rain as they were meant to so you have a clear view of the road. Thunderstorms come up unexpectedly.
- Filler up with gas. When going on a road trip to an area unfamiliar to you, there may be as many gas stations as you are used to. Being out of gas is not the way to spend the first hours of vacation.
On the road:
- Don’t text.Texts can be answered when you arrive at your destination. It only takes a moment of inattention to create road rage or cause accidents.
- Don’t be in a rush.Be sure to take breaks along the way and stay overnight when you get tired. Night driving can be especially challenging if you are not used to it. Dozing off at the wheel can be deadly to your family or others.
- Get help from other family member.Choose a navigator to guide you through turns so you can concentrate on the road. GPS is great. Even then, it’s better to have someone else letting you know of upcoming turns or traffic. If you miss your turn, don’t panic. There’s always a safe solution at the next light or exit.
- Buckle up your seatbelt. It’s against the law to drive without a seatbelt. Law Enforcements Officials can stop you and ticket you for not wearing your seatbelt. They don’t have to have another reason.
- Don’t drink and drive– This may go without saying but as a reminder – drunk drivers account for about 1/3 of all traffic-related deaths.
You can be the best driver in the world but you never know what the next driver is going to do. Be safe! Have fun on your vacation!
Reposted from August 2017
Fresno can get very hot sometimes, especially this time of year, and it can be especially intolerable when you have to get in your boiling car and go for a drive. However, you don’t have to deal with this heat while on the road anymore. Windshield tinting will give you a better ride. Here are some awesome benefits of tinting your windshield and windows:
Protection from Glares Sun glares are some of the worst things to deal with while driving. They blind drivers and make driving dangerous. Tinting your car’s auto glass can help you avoid all those glares. Just think back to the numerous times your vision was obscured by the sharp sunrays while you were driving; not only were you at a higher risk of an accident, but you were also endangering other people on the road too. With tinting, you would prevent 99% of UV rays from entering your car, which means that you’ll be less accident-prone and less likely to get a sunburn too, which is a bonus!
Staying Cool While Driving Fresno’s weather makes it hard to just hop in your car and go. With the extreme heat, you almost always have to lower the AC to really low temperatures and wait for the car to cool down. This can be uncomfortable for many people. Besides, no one wants to sweat on their way to a meeting, work, or school, and no one wants to get a heatstroke while driving on the road. Tinting your car would keep your car and you cool.
Keeping Your Upholstery in Good Condition Have you ever had or seen a car with leather seats that were cracking from being in the heat for a long time? Well, this could happen to you in Fresno if you have leather seats. However, tinting auto glass can help you protect your car’s upholstery from that upholstery.
Strengthening the Glass What many people don’t know about tinting windshields and windows is that the tinting makes the glass stronger and harder to break. Therefore, if you get into an accident, the glass would be sturdier and have a higher chance of staying intact. This means that you would be safe from any broken glass shattering in your face. Not that this happens often, but knowing that you are protected if the worst does happen is a relief.
Tinting Does So Much More Too On top of all the benefits listed above, tinting your windshields and windows also protects your car from thieves since they will not be able to see inside your car easily.
So why tint your car? The benefits are obvious and certainly worth it. When you tint your auto glass in Fresno, you protect your car from extreme heat all while keeping yourself satisfied and safe on the road.
A common question many glass shops hear is “Can you recycle windshield glass? The answer is yes! Windshield glass is extremely strong and is designed to stay together when involved in an accident. The process has several steps. The clean glass can be recycled and turned into a wide variety of objects. Some glass recycling shops have kept them from landfills allowing the glass to be re-purposed.
Is Windshield Glass Different from Other Glass?
Windshield glass is also called “safety” glass because of its ability to withstand excessive amounts of force. Its ability to hold together after a car crash is due to the layer of plastic that is encased by two layers of glass. This plastic layer keeps the glass from shattering. Years ago, when a windshield broke, the small pieces of sharp glass would become deadly projectiles. With the introduction of this new type of windshield glass, the risk of death or injury due to the flying glass is dramatically reduced.
Recycle Windshield Glass?
To recycle windshield glass, it must pass through several steps. The glass of the windshield must first be broken and separated from the plastic sheet that’s pressed firmly between the layers. Once the plastic has been removed, the glass is put through a processor that grinds it down to its original state. Once it has been ground down, it can then be used to create new glass or glass-based materials. While it may not be exactly the same as bottle glass, it can still be used for a variety of purposes and kept from clogging up the landfills.
Who Accepts Windshield or “Safety” Glass for Recycling?
If you have a windshield that you want to recycle, you can call your local recycling center or glass repair shop to find out who will take it. In most cases, the glass repair shop will accept it and put it in with the ones they have that are ready for recycling. Recycling centers have access to the recycling facilities that are able to break down the glass and turn it over to the manufacturers who can then re-purpose it.
How Can Windshield Glass Be Re-purposed?
Recycled windshield glass can be re-purposed into new windshields, bottles, bowls, vases, etc. Recycled glass is often used by multi-medium artists who use it as part of sculptures, mosaics, and window art. Tile companies are also using it as part of the mixture used to produce their product. Glass is one of the most versatile materials in use today. With the latest advancements in the manufacturing and production of windshields, the glass from a broken windshield can be recycled and re-purposed more efficiently than ever before making it one of the most affordable materials available.
With environmental concerns making recycling the norm instead of the option, glass repair shops are implementing programs that allow them to recycle the windshields they replace. The number of windshields being sent to landfills has started to drop considerably. The more windshields that can be diverted from landfills, the more cost-effective replacement glass will become making it a win/win situation for everyone.
Ticket and traffic law myths circulate around like the plague. One person says that it’s absolutely appropriate to do something on the road and the other person takes it for a fact and spreads the news to other drivers, and so on and so forth. Now, there are lots of myths that people have grown up believing are facts, and we are here to shed light on the reality behind those myths. Continue reading
When you have a cracked windshield, driving to an auto glass repair shop is dangerous. The glass is fragile and not steady. It could shatter at any moment. In fact, anything could go wrong on the road. So, what is a person to do? Sometimes drivers forget that there are other options for getting a windshield replacement. For instance, getting a windshield replacement mobile service is a great option to staying safe. The best part is that it is convenient for drivers. Here are other reasons why this service is your best, safest option: Continue reading
If you have a cracked or chipped windshield, a windshield repair and replacement Fresno is a service that you may need. There are many companies offering this service but before you go, here’s what you should know.
When should you have a windshield repair and replacement Fresno
Chip larger than a dime? If so, your windshield needs to be replaced. During this process the entire windshield is removed and a new one installed. If the chip can be repaired, a special resin in injected into the crack.
Mobile service is critical for you to consider. There may be times when your car is not drivable. At 7 Star Auto Glass Fresno, we can come to your home or office to replace your windshield.
Working with professionals
Your installation will be done by certified and experienced technicians, who are trained to work with a full range of windshield repairs and replacements.
Same Day Service in most cases
We carry a huge inventory but if there is something we don’t have, we can get it from our in-town warehouse in 15-20 minutes.
The average cost to repair or replace a windshield may vary somewhat but the estimates will be close with most repair shops. The dealer’s prices may be slightly higher in most cases. 7 Star Auto Glass Fresno will work with your insurance company to process your claim so you can have your repair or replacement the same day you need it. Insurance coverage depends on the details of your policy coverage. Be assured that 7 Star Auto Glass Fresno will give you the best competitive price.
Expediency is the key
Keep in mind the longer you put off having the repair done, it may cost you more in the long run. Getting a small crack fixed is much less expensive than getting a whole new windshield. The best choice for safety sake, is to have it fixed right away. Also remember, it may be against the law to drive with a damaged windshield.
At 7 Star Fresno, you receive a lifetime warranty. If for any reason, you are not pleased with your windshield, we will replace it free of charge with the exception of chip repair. Labor and parts have a lifetime warranty.
7 Star Reputation
The reputation of your windshield repair shop is important. Our OEM glass is of the highest quality resulting in a perfect installation. What are people saying about the shop you are considering. Check out our reviews. Most customers are pleased with our service at 7 Star Auto Glass Fresno.
Who you going to call when you need a windshield repair or replacement? 7 Star Auto Glass Fresno is a good choice.